Sunday, March 21, 2010

Originality

Over the summer before coming to Hong Kong, I interned for adidas in Hollywood.  The office focused on the entertainment industry, so they mainly dealt with product placement in TV & films and giving celebrities adidas gear.  It was a fun internship--meeting celebs once in a while and dealing with their products (if they were a marketing division for say, office products?, maybe it wouldn't have been so fun haha).  Since they gave product as the form of pay, a good chunk of my stuff here is adidas.

After 3 months, I was of course, brainwashed, so now I notice any adidas product from a mile away.  In Hong Kong and Asia in general, adidas is huge!  Half the people I see on the streets of HK are sporting a pair or even wearing their clothes (which I rarely see in Cali).  They even know what Y-3 is, which most people back home generally have never heard of unless they're really into adidas or high fashion.  I've seen some bad knock-offs of Y-3 stuff...who knew?

During my internship, my supervisors were having talks and negotiating with agents/managers/whatevs to get people in on the new campaign for the year.  I left before I knew who they secured, but last night, I finally saw the new ad.  I'm lovin' the tune and seeing Agyness Deyn, Jay Baruchel, Ciara, Hyori Lee, Noel Gallagher and of course, Snooop.



I think it's a fine piece of advertisement.  It's super fun, makes me wanna be there, and get me some more adidas ish. When I get back home, I might be able to work for them if they get more positions *crosses fingers*

1 comment: